Saturday, April 6, 2013

Spring

The Weed Garden Grows!
"No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow." --Proverbs
 
 
I went for a short walk on our paths through the woods and peered into the wetlands and poked in the gardens looking desperately for signs of spring.  It was a cold and windy day and the signs of new life were somewhat subtle and subdued to my anxious to be done with winter self.  I did hear the sounds of a few spring peepers croaking and a variety of birds singing, sure signs of winter's close.  And there were sprouts of green life poking through here and there, especially in our weed garden and in the swampy, mucky areas.  I think it is time to study the signs of spring and the changes over time in the quiet little pathways of our backyard.  My students and I will be observing, charting and delighting in the turning of this long winter into the greening of a new spring, for it is sure to follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment