Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring Poems from the poets in Mrs. Linstrom's class


Spring Days
A Haiku
By Madison B.

flowers blooming soon
animals awakening
outside warming up


I Am Spring
by Cate F.

I am the flowers as colorful as a rainbow you see in the meadows
I am the bees that buzz around your body like a thuderstorm
I am the wind that blows around your head like a tornado
I am the beautful sunset that you watch like a hawk
I am the trees that stand tall like lamp posts
I am the squishy dirt that feels like a fluffed up pillow beneath my feet
I am the raindrops that fall on your umbrella like popcorn in a popcorn maker
I am Spring


I'm Spring
by Kobi S.

I hear the birds singing
I feel the fresh new grass
I taste the frest new flowers
I wonder when summer will come
I sense night is coming
I hope day never ends
I think summer is near
I don't think anybody will play
I see the kids coming
I smell the pollen
I am Spring

I Love a lot of Things about Spring
By Marnie F.

Spring has lots of things I love about it
Like . . .
I love the rain coming down.  I love to take off my shoes and go splash around
And when the rains stops, it leaves a misty damp smell.
Oh, I love a lot of things about spring. 
I love a lot of things about spring,
Like . . .
I love the little flowers sprouting up in a rainbow of colors
I love to smell their lovely scents and think how pretty they look
Oh, I love a lot of things about spring
I love a lot of things about spring
Like . . .
I love the tiny bugs that seem to own the ground
I love to pretend that I am one of them
I crawl around on the ground, as if I am a tiny bug
Oh, I love a lot of things about spring
I love a lot of things about spring
Like . . .
I love all the birds flying back to their homes, flapping with their big wings
I love their sweet chirping in the mornings
Oh, I love a lot of things about spring
I love a lot of things about spring
I love lots of things about spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment